Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rolls of Cinnamon

So  I made my very first attempt at "semi" homemade cinnamon rolls.  I say "semi" because I had a box for the actual dough that included the flour and the yeast, but I did have to add other ingrediants and actually knead the dough and shape it myself.

The dough with the cinnamon filling ready to be rolled

At first I was a little worried because I forgot to add sugar to the actual dough (trust me there is plenty for the sweet goodness that is rolled inside) but they turned out really well and you can't tell, thus I made a "diet" version of these yummy treats.


Even though I did a summer internship at a nice restaurant and occasionally made the hamburger buns for the burgers I completely forgot how much dough rises.  When I first put the rolls in the pan I was nervous that they would not be big enough at all.  Yet come 30 minutes they had more than doubled their size and were ready to be put in the oven.
After proofing and ready to go in the oven!

I could almost eat them before they were cooked



When there was like 3 minutes left of cook time I made the icing for the cinnamon rolls.  By simply combining powdered sugar, milk and some vanilla flavoring one gets a rather delicious icing.  I figured it would be best to leave the icing on the side that way each roll could be iced individually and thus providing the perfect roll for each serving. :)
Fresh out of the oven!

All in all I was rather pleased at my first attempt and maybe next time I will go with a full blown homemade recipe with a flair of Holley thrown in.


An individual slice with a hint of icing

No comments:

Post a Comment